ABOUT THE SA SENIORS CARD
The Seniors Card was introduced by the South
Australian Government in 1993 to acknowledge the
contribution of seniors. The card encourages members
to maintain an active lifestyle by entitling them to public
transport concessions and discounts and special offers
provided by hundreds of businesses across the state.
The South Australian Seniors Card is also recognised
interstate and in New Zealand, providing seniors with
further opportunities to obtain discounts and benefits.
This directory lists businesses that offer a discount
to Seniors Card members. Businesses participate in
the Seniors Card program to support seniors and are
not reimbursed by the Government. WeekendPlus, a
fortnightly digital magazine for South Australian seniors,
also provides members with discounts and special
offers, as well as news, information and competitions.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE?
You’re eligible for a Seniors Card if you meet the
following three criteria:
1. you’re aged 60 years or older
2. you’re a permanent South Australian resident
3. you’re not working more than 20 hours per week in
paid employment (casual employees may average
their hours over a 12 month period).
HOW TO APPLY
If you meet all of the eligibility criteria, there are two ways
to apply for a South Australian Seniors Card.
1. Complete the online application form atwww.sa.gov.au/seniorscard
2. Complete an application form, available:
• from Australia Post outlets and agencies
• by downloading and printing fromwww.sa.gov.au/seniorscard
Return your completed application form to the Seniors
Please allow 10 business days for your card to arrive via